UT defeats OSU 41-36

ElisabethDillon
Elisabeth Dillon

Jackson Jeffcoat celebrates after taking down OSU quarterback J.W. Walsh in one of the final plays of the Longhorns' 41-36 victory in Stillwater, OK.

Oklahoma State ran it down Texas’ throat all night and the offense went through long lasting scoring stretches, but the Longhorns still managed to come up large in the clutch defeating Oklahoma State 41-36.

It was a back and forth game the whole contest, and with 2:46 remaining on the clock the Longhorns received the ball down by two after an Oklahoma State field goal put the Cowboys on top 36-34 with less than three minutes remaining.

But, David Ash and the Longhorns were up to the challenge.

In the biggest drive of his career Ash led Texas down the field with poise beyond his freshman status. First, he converted a fourth down play to extend the game by connecting with tight end D.J. Grant on a 29-yard pass.

Then, two plays later, Ash connected with Mike Davis on a 32-yard bomb in which Davis came back for a slightly underthrown ball and out jumped the corner. That connection placed the Longhorns on the Oklahoma State five-yard line, and two plays later Joe Bergeron capped off the drive with a two-yard touchdown run.

The Longhorn defense then held on for the final 29 seconds, giving Texas the win.