G-Men's Defense Too Much For Rodgers

AddThis

Over the past several seasons, teams have proven over and over that it no longer requires a great defense to win in the NFL.  However, every once in a while the guys who are supposed to stop the other team from scoring can actually manage to do so. Just ask these fantasy players:

1) Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers

Coming into Sunday’s showdown with the Giants, Rodgers had thrown for at least two touchdowns in every game since a week three loss to the Seahawks, and had not turned the ball over twice on a given day all year.  However with the Packers’ offensive line in shambles and New York boasting a tenacious pass rush, Rodgers struggled mightily in Green Bay’s 38-10 loss, throwing for 219 yards and a touchdown while throwing an interception and losing a fumble.

2) Vernon Davis, TE, San Francisco 49ers

Davis’ up and down season continued against the Saints this week, failing to have a single pass thrown his way in Colin Kaepernick’s second consecutive start for San Francisco. Considering he did not even get on the stat sheet, it’s no wonder the veteran tight end vouched for the recently replaced Alex Smith to resume the role of starting quarterback for the 49ers after the game.

3) Mike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers

I would have put the entire Steelers’ offense here if I could after their eight-turnover game against the Browns. However, that would be a little much, so I’ll single out Wallace.  The self-proclaimed leader of Pittsburgh’s “Young Money Crew,” Fast Money was held to a single catch for nine yards, and was a non-factor with third-string QB Charlie Batch under center.  The Steelers and Wallace’s fantasy owners cannot wait until Ben Roethlisberger is healthy.