• Rain hits UT Austin campus hard Wednesday afternoon

    A rain storm hit UT Austin's campus Wednesday afternoon, and the storm is ongoing at 5:15.

    According to the National Weather Service, the rain is expected to continue later into the night. The evening has a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms. The chance for rain decreases tomorrow to 20 percent. The chance of rain stays at 20 percent all weekend.

    The Student Activity Center is giving out free ponchos to help students survive the rain.

    Check back tomorrow for an update on the amount of rain UT received.

    Follow Bobby Blanchard on Twitter @bobbycblanchard. 


  • Colt McCoy to introduce Greg Abbott

    Former UT quarterback Colt McCoy is making an appearance in Austin Thursday night at 5 p.m. to introduce Attorney General Greg Abbott as he continues his Texas tour.

    Abbott announced Sunday he is running for Texas Governor and since then has traveled the state to rally support. He has visited Houston, Lubbock and McAllen on his "Meet Greg Abbot Tour."

    McCoy, now playing for the San Francisco 49ers, was a quarterback for the Longhorns from 2006 to 2009.

    Abbott said he plans to make higher education a priority for the state if elected, along with focusing on small businesses, reducing government spending and securing the border.

    Abbott has served as the Texas attorney general since 2002 and reportedly raised more than $20 million for his campaign so far.

    Follow Christine Ayala on Twitter @christine_ayala.