Student government Executive Alliance candidates announced

Four groups of candidates filed to run for Executive Alliance in this year’s Student Government elections.

The candidates for president and vice president are government senior Braydon Jones and international relations and global studies senior Kimia Dargahi; Plan II seniors Xavier Rotnofsky and Rohit Mandalapu; David Maly, economics and journalism senior, and Stephen Svatek, civil engineering junior; economics junior Baylor Morrison and electrical engineering senior Matthew Normyle, respectively. 

Campaigning began Wednesday morning at 12:01 a.m. 

Jones is the current SG speaker of the assembly. Rotnofsky works at the Texas Travesty. Maly is currently the editor-in-chief of The Horn and The Odyssey. Morrison is involved in Camp Texas.

The Election Supervisory Board, which oversees all campus elections, held a meeting Tuesday night to discuss the rules of running for student-voted positions. 

The Board is asking for a financial disclosure form from each candidate, in which each candidate will indicate the amount of money they plan to spend on their campaign and for what expenses as well as any donations they receive. 

Candidates also had the option of paying a $10 fee, which the disclosure form indicated, to make their campaigns registered student organizations.