Virgin Veronica: Flexuality Test

Sex_thelordstwerk_PloyBuraparate
Daily Texan Comics

Virgin Veronica runs every Friday evening in Life & Arts. 

Editor's note: This is the fourth in an ongoing series about sex and sexuality. Our four columnists represent four very different sexual experiences. Virgin Veronica is the fourth and final installment.

I can sing along to Vanessa Carlton’s “White Houses,” and pretend I know what she’s talking about when she sings “my first time, hard to explain, rush of blood, oh, and a little bit of pain…he’s my first mistake.”

But the reality is I’m a virgin and I don’t have a clue.

I’m Virgin Veronica. That’s right, I am a 21-year-old facing college graduation, job hunting and dating in the “real world” all while carrying my v-card. It really isn’t a card anymore. It’s closer to a big rolling suitcase, a duffle bag and a backpack – my virginity baggage if you will.

So when my fellow sex columnists suggested we introduce ourselves via our Flexuality Test results, I was hesitant. What a bore, right? I don’t have ANY SEX.

Some of you might be surprised to see heteroflexible and ambisexual on my chart. While I am a virgin, I have kissed both men and women and I enjoy both. I am, however, mostly straight in that when I finally do get down and dirty, I want it to be with a dude.

The thing is, I am not here to tell you to preserve your purity or guard your treasure or whatever weird euphemism you use for your hymen. If it is your moral belief to stay a virgin, by all means carry on. But I want to lose it. I want UPS Rush Delivery on my first-time sex.

I do, however, know what it is like to go almost your entire college career without sleeping with someone. I know that you can still have a lot of fun with friends or with someone special. I also know you can still have some pretty messy relationships without sex entering into the equation.

So I’m here to offer the inexperienced perspective. You will learn about sex and relationships right along with me. And if nothing else, I can assure you that you aren’t alone and you aren’t a total freak just because you’re a virgin.

Don't forget to check out last night's column Committed Caroline