Police search for unidentified victim, information

assault1

Received anonymously on a CD, this in one of the only pieces of evidence of the assault that occured aroun

The Austin Police Department is requesting help in locating the unidentified victim and suspect in a violent assault that occurred in the 700 block of San Jacinto Boulevard on the morning of Jan. 8.

Cpl. Anthony Hipolito said the attack occurred at around 2:20 a.m. on Jan. 8, but the victim did not contact police after the assault. He said a witness gave detectives pictures of the incident on Jan. 28, almost three weeks after the attack.

“There was never a police report made for this incident,” Hipolito said. “We do not have a victim, a victim’s information or a suspect.”

Hipolito said the witness gave representatives of APD a CD containing photographs depicting several bystanders as well as someone being assaulted.

“The photos were given in person to an officer,” Hipolito said. “We don’t know who dropped them off. That is part of the problem.”

Hipolito said detectives are looking for information regarding the incident. He said individuals who witnessed something in the 700 block of San Jacinto Boulevard on the morning of Sunday, Jan. 8 or who have information about the incident should call APD detectives at (512) 974-5515.