Longhorns have confidence on their side

The ninth-ranked Longhorns send six men to College Station this Friday and Saturday for the much anticipated NCAA Indoor Championships.

The Gilliam Indoor Track Stadium will be a two-day home for upperclassmen Jamal Wilson and Jacob Thormaehlen and lowerclassmen Hayden Baillio, Marquise Goodwin, Keiron Stewart and Mark Jackson. Stewart leads the talented Longhorns. Stewart is the fastest in the nation this year in the 60-meter hurdles with a top time of 7.66 seconds.

Though some people see the Longhorns as inexperienced, they remain confident in their ability to do well.

“Throughout the season, there has been major improvement,” Baillio said. “Last year was a disappointment in both the indoor and outdoor season. We just need to do what we have done and we will be fine.”

Throughout the last eight seasons, the Longhorns have finished in the top 10 seven times, with two third-place finishes. Prior to that, Texas had recorded only two top 10 finishes since 1965.

“We are excited about everybody,” Baillio said. “We have high expectations, and if we are able to repeat our performance from this year, we will come out near the top.”

<em> NCAA.com </em> and <em> aggieathletics.com </em> will stream the championship meet live Friday and Saturday — expected start time is 10 a.m. on Friday and noon on Saturday. ESPN 3 will also stream the event live on Friday from 4 to 8:40 p.m. and on Saturday from 4 to 7:50 p.m.