Corrie, Damico want to make up for last year’s early exit

Texas will try to make another run at its first national championship beginning on May 13. It has earned the No. 13 national seed and is one of only two top-16 seeds not to host a first round, or the round of 32. Instead, Oklahoma will host the matches in Norman.

Texas will open up the NCAA team tournament against Missouri-Kansas City, and Oklahoma will play Tulsa. The winners of those matches will meet to decide who gets to advance to the round of 16, which will be played at Stanford University. Stanford also hosts the remainder of the tournament. Texas has already played both Tulsa and Oklahoma, having beaten the Golden Hurricanes 6-1, but losing to the Sooners 4-3.

Along with the team, Texas also placed three players in the individual NCAA championships. Seniors Ed Corrie and Kellen Damico have both earned spots to compete in the 64-player singles draw. Corrie will also team up with junior Jean Andersen to compete in the 32-team doubles portion of the tournament.

Corrie will be making his third run at an NCAA championship, and Damico will be making his second.

Neither Corrie or Damico have advanced past the first round individually, and this will be the first NCAA tournament for Andersen, as well as the first time for Corrie and Andersen as a duo.