Fantasy Frenzy: Week 4

Week 4 of the fantasy football season has come and gone. Here are a few of the outstanding fantasy performances and some of the duds.

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
This guy was a fantasy god this week: 408 yards, four touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns. Rodgers literally scored more points than half the players on most people’s rosters. What a week for those who own him and what a killer for those that had the misfortune to play him.

Beanie Wells, Arizona
So much for not playing this week. Wells broke out against a banged-up Giants front seven, rushing for 138 yards and three touchdowns, making him the top fantasy runner for the week. Wells should continue to see plenty of carries the rest of the year as the Cardinals have trouble airing it out. He could be snagged in a trade if owners in your league aren’t paying attention.

Arian Foster, Houston
Finally fully healthy after his hamstring injury, Foster showed why he was the No. 1 overall pick in many drafts this year. He rushed for 155 yards and a touchdown against a stingy Pittsburgh defense. His owners can breathe a sigh of relief.

Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
This guy isn’t starting in many leagues and Sunday night was a perfect example why. Sanchez only had 119 yards passing and on top of that pathetic performance, he threw a pick and surrendered three fumbles against the Ravens. Quarterback is the easiest position to rack up fantasy points at but Sanchez couldn’t even manage to do that, coming away with -2 points this week. “Sanchise” should ride your bench unless you’re desperate.

Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh
Mendenhall was a top-10 pick in many leagues coming off a breakout season in which he rushed for 1273 and 13 touchdowns. But this season, he just can’t get it started, rushing for only 148 yards in four games. His fantasy owners might need to start looking elsewhere for a while until Mendenhall starts picking it up.

Dexter McCluster, Kansas City
After Jamaal Charles got hurt many people, including McCluster, thought the former Longhorn star might break out with increased touches, but so far that isn’t the case. Since JC went down, McCluster has yet to put up more than five fantasy points. At best, he should be a flex option in a deep league. 

Printed on October 4, 2011, as: Rodgers has record-setting day, scores 6 TD