Stars fall 6-0 to Panthers, loser their third straight

DALLAS — Kris Versteeg and Stephen Weiss each had a goal and two assists and Scott Clemmensen made 25 saves for the shutout to lead the Florida Panthers to a 6-0 win over the Dallas Stars on Tuesday night.

Defensemen Dmitry Kulikov and Jason Garrison added first-period goals and Tomas Fleischmann and Evgeny Dadonov also scored for the Panthers.

Weiss skated in his 574th game for the Panthers, breaking a tie with Robert Svehla and moving into second place on the franchise list behind current Dallas Star Radek Dvorak’s 613 games.

The Stars, coming off consecutive road losses to Pittsburgh and Detroit, had been 6-1 at home. Dallas opened a stretch of five of six games at home.

Kari Lehtonen kept the Stars in the game early with a series of tough saves before the Panthers scored.

Kulikov connected from the slot off Tomas Kopecky’s centering pass at 16:44 of the opening period. It was Kulikov’s first goal of the season.

Garrison beat Lehtonen for his seventh goal of the season to make it 2-0 at 18:08 of the first period.

Florida held a 14-4 shots edge in the first 20 minutes and didn’t let up.

Fleischmann fired into the top right corner of the net from the slot for his seventh of the season at 15:02 of the second. And Weiss made it 4-0 with 7.6 seconds left in the second for his sixth goal of
the season.

Versteeg’s ninth goal of the season halfway through the final period gave the Panthers a five-goal edge, and Dadonov completed the scoring at 13:19 when the puck went in off his skate for his second of the season.