Philadelphia, Carolina potential destinations for Robinson

Robinson_2011-12-28_Holiday_Bowl_Lawrence
Lawrence Peart

Linebacker Keenan Robinson (#1) in the 2011 Holiday Bowl (Daily Texan file photo from December 28, 2011).

Keenan Robinson is an aggressive linebacker who can hit hard. He finished this season with 96 tackles, eight of them for a loss, two interceptions and two sacks. A three-year starter at inside linebacker, Robinson redshirted his freshman year and played in 51 games for the Longhorns while making 39 starts.

When the Longhorns struggled in 2010, he became the leader of the defense and led the team with 113 tackles. No other member of the team had more than 90 that season.

He is likely a fourth or fifth round prospect and thrives in a 4-3 defense.

At the combine, Robinson had the sixth-highest amount of reps in the bench press out of 29 linebackers with 27. In addition, he performed well in the vertical jump with a distance of 35.5 inches. His jump was tied with fellow Texas linebacker Emmanuel Acho and West Virginia’s Najee Goode for 11th amongst linebackers.

At 6-foot-3 and 242 pounds, Robinson is quick off the snap and is impressive when chasing down ball-carriers. But, according to his player profile from the Combine, “He struggles when rushing the passer and looks stunned when an offensive lineman gets his hands on him.”

Robinson has the athletic ability to do well in the NFL, but his speed will not help him nearly as much when he plays professionally. NFL teams will look for him to play smarter.

The Eagles and Panthers are potential prospects for Robinson.

After the combine, Robinson tweeted, “Came to the combine…accomplished just about all I wanted to accomplish…now its back to Cali to train for Pro Day… #NoQuestion.”

Printed on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 as: Robinson's athleticism helping his draft stock, combine performance