Longhorns head to Fort Worth for redemption

The Longhorns are looking to bounce back from their outing at the ITA All-American Championships in Tulsa a few weeks ago. Several Longhorns dropped early in the first few rounds, and the outcome looked dim. But after a slow start, momentum picked up and the Longhorns had an impressive showing in the rest of the All-American Championships.

The qualifying singles rounds of the All-American Championships were not kind to Texas: No Longhorn got out of the qualifying rounds. The qualifying doubles round was another story. The Texas duo of senior Daniel Whitehead and replacement partner junior Sudanwa Sitaram achieved four straight wins to advance to the main draw before being defeated. Doubles tandem senior Chris Camillone and junior David Holiner were defeated in the second round of the main draw. 

Sophomore stand-out Soren Hess-Olesen played impressive tennis en route to the third round of the singles main draw before being knocked out of the competition. Whitehead was defeated in the first round of the singles main draw but made it to the third round of the consolation singles.

This weekend the Texas tennis team will be traveling to Fort Worth to compete in the USTA/ITA Texas Regional Championships hosted by TCU. The tournament will take place Oct. 20-23.