Texas dismantles Oklahoma

On Nov. 1, 1982, the Longhorns powered a .590 hitting percentage as they defeated Rice University. On Sunday against Oklahoma, they came as close to that hitting percentage as any team since.

In its twelfth straight victory, the Longhorns swept the Sooners in Norman, Okla. committing a meager two hitting errors while hitting .571. Haley Eckerman and Bailey Webster each contributed 11 kills to earn the 18-3, 10-0 Longhorns another victory.

Hannah Allison had 36 assists and three kills, and Khat Bell tacked on eight kills, hitting .889.

The Sooners managed a slight victory in the first set at 20-18, but Eckerman quickly tied the score at 23-23. Aided by Webster, the Longhorns won the set.

An outstanding hitting percentage encompassed set two, as the Longhorns hit .905 and dominated the set with a blazing 15-3 run in the midst of it. Texas outscored the Sooners by a 25-10 margin, upping the match score to 2-0.

The third set was marked by consistent Texas leads, opened by a 7-0 run and marked by strong runs throughout, finalizing the sweep and stifling any hopes Oklahoma had of defeating its longtime rival.

The No.8 Longhorns continued their Big 12 reign and remain undefeated in conference play.