Longhorn recruiting continues momentum with a handful of offensive commits

The class of 2014 recently landed several recruits. Marble Falls wide receiver Garret Gray committed on June 10. Last season Gray caught 80 passes for 1,205 yards and 20 touchdowns. Gray received offers from over a dozen schools but picked Texas after impressing coaches at a recent mini-camp. 

Wide reciever Dorian Leonard committed to the Longhorns on June 13. Leonard's commitment was surprising since he hadn't been vocal about ranking offers, which included Oklahoma and Florida State. 

On June 15, Texas added two more members to the class of 2013 with the addition of former TCU commit Emanuel Porter and juco tight end John Thomas. Porter, who committed to the Horned Frogs in August before recently decommitting, brings to the class a high level of athleticism. He hasn't been focused on entirely on football for very long, but he has the size, speed and potential to be an impact player in college. 

Thomas was a three-star tight end out of high school and signed with LSU in 2012 before going to junior college after failing to qualify academically. Thomas gives Texas the tight end the class needed for 2014. 

The Horns also landed class of 2015 offensive tackle Maea Teuhema, who committed with his brother Sione Teuhema in the class of 2014, as well as offensive tackle Connor Lanfear and Keke Coutee, who may play receiver or defensive back at Texas.