Fantasy Football sit/start: Week 5

1206_CodyBubenik_football
Cody Bubenik

Start:

Reggie Bush (Detroit Lions running back)

Bush seems healthy, had 139 yards and a touchdown last week and is playing against a sub-par Green Bay defense on Sunday. Everything is looking up for him this week.

Victor Cruz (New York Giants wide receiver)

I cannot place much confidence in a Giants offense that was held scoreless against the Panthers just two weeks ago. But the Eagles have an appallingly bad defense on all accounts. This game will be a shoot-out, and warrants playing any relevant starters on both teams, particularly studs like Cruz.

Roddy White (Atlanta Falcons wide receiver)

I am going out on a limb for White this week. He has been nursing an ankle injury for the first four weeks of the season, and has largely been used as only an on-field distraction during this span. But last week White was on the field for all but two snaps, and was targeted nine times. White will finally be himself again beginning this week against the Jets. 

Bilal Powell (New York Jets running back)

Wide receivers Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill could both be out this week against the Falcons. That leaves Powell as the only offensive “weapon” that remains for the Jets. He isn’t great, but he will be heavily utilized, which makes him worth a start in deeper formats.

Sit:

Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts quarterback) 

An average quarterback playing against the best defense in the league. Pass.

Any Bills running back

Running back C.J. Spiller’s ankle injury makes him a game time decision this week. Running back Fred Jackson is wearing a brace over his knee, concealing a sprained MCL. The Bills are playing against the best run defense in the league, that of the Cleveland Browns. I don’t want any part of this offense this week, and neither should you.

Dwayne Bowe (Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver)

Bowe has been a huge disappointment this year, as quarterback Alex Smith refuses to look his way more than five or so times a game. This week, the Chiefs are playing a strong Titans defense that hasn’t surrendered a touchdown to a wide receiver in the last two weeks. Bowe might rebound later in the year, but it won’t happen this week.