Texas looks to erase early season defeats and claim first victory at Isleworth Collegiate Invitational

As a team, Texas still seeks its first victory of the season as it heads into the Isleworth Collegiate Invitational on Sunday in Windermere, Fla.

The Longhorns will look to finally top Alabama, the team that won the Longhorns’ past two tournaments, not to mention the 2013
National Championship.

Freshman Gavin Hall comes into Sunday with the hot hand for Texas. In the Longhorns’ last tournament, Hall finished with a team-high even-par score. Out of the three events Texas has competed in this season, Hall finished as the top scorer for the Longhorns twice. 

If Texas has any hopes of claiming victory, they will need to rely heavily on better performances by both Johnathan Schnitzer and Brax McCarthy, who have combined for just one under-par round on the season. Out of Texas’ overall 131-over-par score this season, Schnitzer and McCarthy have accounted for 66.4 percent of it.

The three-day tournament in Windermere will be the Longhorns’ last opportunity to capture a tournament title until the spring season starts
in February.