Art Briles will not be Texas’ next head coach: ‘I have no desire to pursue other coaching positions.’

Texas will have to look outside of the I-35 interstate to find its next head coach it seems.

Friday, amid much speculation about his possible interest in the Longhorns' job, Baylor head coach Art Briles released a statement maintaining his desire to stay as the Bears' head coach.

"I have no desire to pursue other coaching positions," Briles said. "As I've said many times, I am both humbled and honored to be the head coach at Baylor University, and believe we have something special going here. I look forward to leading the Bears onto the field next fall at McLane Stadium and defending our Big 12 championship that our players and coaches worked so hard to win this season."

Briles led Baylor to its first Big 12 championship and BCS bowl appearance this season, which included a win over Texas to secure the conference championship in each team’s regular season finale. Briles, a long-time Texas high school coach, recently signed a contract extension that will keep him with the Bears through 2023.

"There is tremendous excitement for our program's future, and I look forward to many more great seasons at Baylor," Briles said. "There is tremendous commitment from our University leadership, athletic administration, coaches and student-athletes – it truly is a great time to be a Baylor Bear."