Longhorns return to dual-meet competition 2-0 with victories over No. 8 Auburn and No. 10 Georgia

The Longhorns took on Southeastern Conference foe, No. 8 Auburn on Thursday, marking Texas’ return to dual-meet competition, and the first time it has hosted the Tigers at home in four seasons. The Texas divers wasted no time getting re-acquainted the dual-meet format. Redshirt junior Will Chandler took the one-meter event with a score of 367.05 followed by sophomore Cory Bowersox and freshman Michael Hixon, solidifying a Texas one-two-three finish.

The meet also featured the young talent Texas swimming possesses. Sophomore John Martens added an NCAA “B” cut and a victory in the 200 butterfly, helping the Longhorns to a 162.5-132.5 overall victory.

Texas continued its success with a 169-126 victory over Georgia on Saturday. Hixon swept the diving events and posted a personal best on the three-meter board. In the swimming portion, sophomore Sam Lewis captured a come-from-behind win against the All-American packed Georgia contingent in the 500 freestyle.

“[Lewis] is growing in our sport right before our eyes”, Texas assistant coach Kris Kubik said. “He has now come to realize he is in the argument for the top racers in the country in the middle-distance events.”