Executive Alliance candidates prepare for last day of voting

2015-03-02_Student_Gov_Stephanie
Stephanie Tacy

With one day left of voting, Student Government Executive Alliance candidates spent Wednesday tabling in the rain and making final pushes on social media.

Braydon Jones, a government senior, said he and Kimia Dargahi, an international relations and global studies senior, will be listening to student opinions until the end of the race.

“We still believe in our platform,” Jones said. “We still believe we have a lot of listening to do. It’s not over yet.”

The campaign team for journalism and economics senior David Maly and civil engineering junior Stephen Svatek are working to talk to as many students as possible, according to Maly.  

“We’ve absolutely been busy, just working on last minute outreach efforts,” Maly said. “I feel like with any election, you have to give it all you’ve got, and that’s what we’re doing.”

Xavier Rotnofsky, a Plan II and linguistics junior, said he and Rohit Mandalapu, a Plan II and economics senior, read palms and traded secrets in the West Mall on Wednesday and said they will table again tomorrow, even in the case of bad weather.

“We’re not expecting a certain outcome. We’re just taking it a day at a time,” Rotnofsky said. “We’ll be out tabling [Thursday] on the West Mall regardless of inclement weather.”

The delay will have no affect on the campus-wide voting schedule, according to Election Supervisory Board chair Nick Molina. Voting will still end at 5 p.m., and winners will be announced at 6:30 p.m. In the event that the University cancels classes entirely, voting will be extended to Friday at noon, and the announcement will be made at 1:30 p.m., Molina said.