NewsAugust 3, 2020 11:15 PM
NewsAugust 3, 2020 1:50 PM
NewsUniversity announces fall COVID-19 testing plans for symptomatic, asymptomatic students, faculty, staffAugust 4, 2020 11:29 AM
NewsAugust 5, 2020 5:39 PM
NewsAugust 5, 2020 11:48 AM
NewsJuly 27, 2020 11:03 PM
Read the latest The Daily Texan issue!
Latest in News
- Amid nationwide protests and a global pandemic, The Daily Texan looks back on a summer of social unrest and looks toward a fall of uncertainty.
- The app will be available in both English and Spanish, and use of the app will be strongly encouraged but not required. The app will be able to track symptoms including cough, fever, fatigue, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell and others that are not associated with a preexisting condition.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Richard Lee pushes UT to be transparent with tuition dollars and provide students with an itemized tuition bill.
- Columnist Rayne Daniel encourages UT’s Panhellenic Council to implement a legacy-blind recruitment process to promote diversity.
Latest in Sports
- With less than five weeks until Texas’ football season is scheduled to kick off against South Florida on Sept. 5, the Big 12 conference answered one of the upcoming season’s biggest questions Monday night.
- Friday’s practice marked Texas’ first full team practice since Dec. 29, two days before the Longhorns beat Utah in the 2019 Alamo Bowl. Texas was slated to begin spring football March 24 before the Big 12 postponed all games, practices and recruiting on March 12.
Latest in Life & Arts
‘(People) don’t feel unified by the song, they feel more excluded by it:’ Some Longhorn Band members say they won’t play ‘The Eyes of Texas’ in fallIf the Longhorn Band plays “The Eyes of Texas” again, it won’t be because senior drum major Ally Morales conducted it. UT’s alma mater has faced intense criticism from members of the Longhorn community due to its racist origins and recently, several band members have said they won’t play “The Eyes of Texas.”
- “She Dies Tomorrow” follows a group of people who encounter a mysterious entity that warns them of their impending death. The film excels in its visual and audio storytelling, conveying a heartbreaking yet terrifying experience.