NewsJuly 6, 2020 5:29 PM
SportsJuly 5, 2020 11:50 AM
NewsJune 29, 2020 1:28 PM
Read the latest The Daily Texan issue!
Latest in News
- Husch Blackwell was hired in November by the University to review its Title IX policies after months of student protests against faculty sexual misconduct. In a letter published to the Misconduct Working Group website Wednesday, Interim UT President Jay Hartzell said the University will accept all the new recommendations.
- This is the University’s first death related to COVID-19, Hartzell said. Ten custodial staff members tested positive for the virus in May.
Latest in Opinion
- Columnist Hunter Bergfeld argues UT administration must meet the needs of students by hiring more long-term counselors at the CMHC.
- Columnist Richard Lee encourages University Housing and Dining to support affordable on-campus living by being flexible with unnecessary dining expenses.
Latest in Sports
- Texas posted just one 10-win season in the last decade, unlike juggernauts Alabama, Clemson and rival Oklahoma. Still, the Longhorns, valued at a nation-high $1.1 billion in 2018, are among college football’s top earners.
- Black student-athletes comprise a majority of Division I football and basketball players, but a discrepancy between the number of white and Black head coaches still exists throughout the college ranks.
Latest in Life & Arts
- The Daily Texan joined other publications over Zoom to interview “Relic” director Natalie Erika James and her cast.
- The twisted tale follows a mother and daughter caring for their ill grandmother in a remote family home. Director Natalie Erika James’ controlled and impressive direction carries this suspenseful experience to a nail-biting finish.