Thousands gather at UT-Austin, march to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr.
Thousands of people celebrated Austin’s 26th annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day march, gathering at King’s statue in UT’s East Mall on Monday. Read this story
OpinionJanuary 20, 2020 8:56 PM
NewsJanuary 20, 2020 10:27 PM
SportsJanuary 20, 2020 11:59 PM
SportsJanuary 20, 2020 11:38 PM
Life and ArtsJanuary 21, 2020 12:08 AM
Life and ArtsJanuary 21, 2020 12:01 AM
Read the latest The Daily Texan issue!
Latest in News
- UT professor Allan MacDonald won the Wolf Prize in Physics for his theoretical and experimental work on the field of study twistronics. This work, which changes the electronic properties of materials by twisting atomic layers, has the potential to impact the evolution of technology, MacDonald said.
- In celebration of the 100th anniversary of women’s suffrage in America, the Women’s March on Texas Capitol organization rallied on the south steps of the Capitol on Saturday.
Latest in Opinion
- Editor-in-chief Spencer Buckner encourages students to join The Daily Texan's staff.
- Columnist Hannah Lopez argues that professors should better prioritize student mental health by allowing mental health days as excused absences.
Latest in Sports
- For Texas women's basketball, strength in the team comes not just from their work on the field, but from working hard in practice. The Texas male practic squad helps this happen.
- Fresh off a national championship, it didn’t take long for No. 2 Texas men’s tennis to be tested in a marquee matchup against the No. 1-ranked Florida Gators to start the season.
Latest in Life & Arts
- Robert Downey Jr. stars as John Dolittle, a man with a special talent for talking to animals who goes on a mission to save his home.
- On Thursday, The Onion founder Scott Dikkers talked to the Texan before his performance at the Fallout Theater.