Five Late-Night Food and Beverage Spots around Austin

Jenna Wilson, General Life and Arts Reporter

Whether preparing for a study session or satisfying a midnight craving, late-night food runs make a crucial element of the college experience. The Daily Texan compiled a list of Austin spots perfect for a late-night bite.

Tyson’s Tacos at 4905 Airport Boulevard

This iconic Austin restaurant specializes in unique, flavorful tacos. For meat lovers, Tyson’s incorporates out-of-the-box ingredients like burnt ends and crispy duck. However, the 24-hour taco shop also offers classics like al pastor and beef fajita. 

Gourdough’s at 1503 South 1st Street

Open until midnight every day of the week, Gordough’s whips up gourmet donuts in their converted airstream trailer. From their Miss Shortcake donut, complete with cream cheese icing and fresh strawberries, to the Son of a Peach donut, adorned in peach topping and a honey butter drizzle, their mouth-watering desserts will satisfy any craving for a nighttime dessert. 

Bennu Coffee at 2001 E Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard

With two additional locations on South Congress and Jacob Fontaine Lane, Bennu Coffee makes a popular place for students and book-lovers looking to try one of the cafe’s many literature-themed beverages. The original inspiration for Chameleon Cold Brew, the cafe, open until midnight, offers a wide variety of caffeinated delights and food options – and for students studying late into the night, the Fontaine Lane location operates 24/7. 

Stars Cafe at 3101 North Interstate 35

Setting up shop just minutes away from UT campus, Stars Cafe offers the perfect stop after a night out with friends. This restaurant not only serves diner-style breakfast foods like pancake stacks and hashbrowns, but also popular Tex-Mex dishes like migas and quesadillas. The cafe is open until 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 3 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

DittyDog at 519 E 7th St

Caramelized onions, cream cheese, sriracha and other unexpected toppings combine to form this food cart’s signature — a fully-loaded hot dog that, according to their slogan, promises to change lives. DittyDog also offers fully-loaded fries and vegetarian and vegan hot dogs. The trailer is open until 2:30 a.m. Thursday through Sunday.