UT-Austin named new delivery hub for H-E-B grocery service

Amirtha Jayakumaran, General News Reporter

The University is partnering with H-E-B to offer grocery delivery services for students, faculty members and staff. The service will make accessing affordable and healthy food easier.

Everything H-E-B offers online can be ordered through the H-E-B app or through heb.com, according to last Thursday’s press release. Same-day shopping and delivery are available door-to-door for all students, including those off campus. There are also four designated parking spots on campus:  Jester Circle, Jester Residence Hall (201 E. 21st St.), Kinsolving Residence Hall (2605 Whitis Ave.) and Bass Concert Hall (2350 Robert Dedman Road). Shoppers can coordinate with the Favor delivery drivers to select a specific pick-up location.

Students can order meal items and groceries, as well as additional products such as health and wellness and cleaning items, according to the press release.

The ability to have groceries delivered straight to campus can reduce the strain on students’ budgets for groceries, public health freshman Ragini Khullar said. Since she doesn’t have a car, it is difficult for her to go to the grocery store, she said. 

“There’s a ton of fees on delivery apps like Instacart, like third party delivery apps,” Khullar said. “(The H-E-B delivery service will) save me a lot of time. It saves me a lot of money.”

The University being named the new H-E-B delivery hub not only means affordability and convenience, but nutritious options for students, Kelsey Evans, the University’s executive director for corporate relations, said in an email.

“As we look to the future and the changing face of commerce, we are proud to become one of H-E-B’s newest Campus Delivery Hubs, a step that will ensure all Longhorns have access to affordable nutrition,” Evans said. “Faculty and staff are also able to order on campus delivery, which I think will be a nice timesaving convenience.”

H-E-B did not respond to requests for comment.