Where to spend your 2023 Palentine’s Day in Austin

Corinne Piorkowski, General Life & Arts Reporter

With February’s recent arrival, Palentine’s Day quickly approaches. Beyond chocolate, flowers and gifts, Austin offers many opportunities to spend the holiday with friends. The Daily Texan compiled a list of activities to check out for this year’s Palentine’s Day celebrations.

Taquero Mucho

This restaurant on West Avenue’s pink theme — even down to the drinks and tortillas — makes it a festive choice for a Valentine’s-themed brunch with friends. The menu consists of many different types of tacos and other specials, as well as a specific weekend brunch menu with several breakfast options, even pink waffles. 

Cafe Monet

Located on South Lamar Boulevard, Cafe Monet serves as a calming place to paint pottery gifts with friends. Patrons can book an appointment for a Valentine’s Day class or walk in to paint the display potteries. Regardless of the occasion, Cafe Monet makes an artistic option for a relaxing and rewarding day activity Austinites won’t want to miss.

Wonderspaces Austin

Located at 1205 Sheldon Cove, Wonderspaces features interactive artwork and a design museum fitting to explore with friends this season. Tickets can be booked online to peruse the 15 art exhibits the museum presents. The gallery suits patrons for a day excursion celebrating meticulous art displays and friendships.

Purrfecto Cat Lounge

This fun feline cafe located on South Lamar Boulevard creates a special activity for Austinites to celebrate love. For $15, patrons can book an appointment to spend 30 minutes with the many beloved cats of the lounge. The cats walk freely and approach customers in this purr-fect café to put patrons in a good mood for the Valentine’s Day season.

Milk + Honey Spa

For a more relaxing holiday celebration, the Milk + Honey Spa’s nearest location on Riverside Drive allows patrons to fully relax with a luxurious spa treatment. With many options on their website, customers can indulge in massages, facials, nails, waxing and more. For the Valentine’s season, Milk + Honey’s options for February allow patrons to get massages, facial microneedling or mani-pedis. 

Blue Starlite Drive-in

This Austin drive-in theater serves as the world’s only mini drive-in, showing indie films and childhood classics year-round. The cinema poses a great, intimate setting for small friend groups to see a movie for their Palentine’s Day celebration. A miniature version of a regular drive-in, customers watch the movie from their cars, an experience that encourages conversations with friends without disturbing other movie-goers. Blue Starlite even offers packages that include a vintage speaker and old-fashioned concessions to add to the old-timey ambiance.