Changes coming to The Big Ticket for 2023-2024 school year

Christina Huang, Sports Editor

Texas Athletics is making significant changes to The Big Ticket for the 2023-2024 school year to improve the student experience.

After consulting with the Student Government president, vice president and Intercollegiate Athletics Council Student Representative, Texas Athletics has a new system in place to ensure the safety and comfort of Big Ticket holders.

The most significant change to The Big Ticket is how football ticket claims are handled. Starting in the 2023 season, Big Ticket holders will be able to claim a ticket one week in advance of each home game. Big Ticket holders must log into their online account to claim their ticket, while supplies last. Claim times will be announced in advance and once all available student tickets are claimed, the claim will close for that specific game. 

This new process should make entry into DKR safer for Big Ticket holders on gameday, since students with claimed mobile tickets are guaranteed entry into that specific game. 

The Big Ticket will still be $200 per student and includes access to all home football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, volleyball, baseball and softball games and the Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays. As always, tickets for any NCAA tournament events, away games and neutral-site games are sold separately. 

Students can still add a Longhorn Foundation student membership to their Big Ticket, but the price has increased from $25 to $100. Longhorn Foundation student memberships will be capped at 6,000. This membership  provides early access to football ticket claims and priority seating for the Red River Rivalry game in Dallas and any postseason games. 

The Big Ticket for the 2023-2024 school year went on sale today for returning UT students. Incoming UT students will be able to purchase The Big Ticket in June.