Austin Live Music Monthly

Sage Dunlap and Trisha Dasgupta

Austin boasts the title of the Live Music Capital of the world, offering hundreds of unique venues around the city for music lovers to catch shows from both local and world-class musicians alike. From indie rock to chill pop, Austin offers shows for any type of concertgoer. The Daily Texan compiled a list of music events happening this month in venues all across Austin. 

June 15: El Combo Oscuro at ACL Radio & Long Center Present: The Drop-In 

Tickets: Free 

The Long Center invites Austinites to enjoy art, lectures and Austin’s most famous pastime — live music. Celebrating its 15th year, The Long Center’s summer Drop-In returns with a free show featuring Austin-based band El Combo Oscuro. The psychedelic Latin Cumbia will pair great with a Texas sunset and food available from local vendors. 

June 24: Monthly Music Market 

Tickets: $10 

The Monthly Music Market celebrates all things homemade, with stalls from local musicians, artisans and chefs. Promoting the local community through the arts, marketgoers can enjoy music from Austin-based musicians all day at the market.

June 21: Lamorn at 3TEN ACL Live

Tickets: $13

Indie-electro enthusiast, Lamorn, will bring his inventive mixes and tunes to the classic Austin venue, 3TEN ACL live this month. With a burgeoning career in the alternative-electronic field, fans of the genre can expect a lively show in an intimate venue in the heart of downtown Austin. 

June 28: The Struts Tour w/ Mac Saturn at Emo’s Austin

Tickets start at $29.50 

British rock quartet The Struts will touch down at Emo’s Austin later this month for the ninth stop on their “Remember the Name” tour. With a catalog of 2010s hits and cross-genre collaborations with artists like Kesha under their belt, the band of glam rockers can be expected to put on an unforgettable show.

June 18: Garbage & Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds at Germania Insurance Amphitheater

Tickets start at $19

Former Oasis guitarist and vocalist Noel Gallagher and Wisconsin-originating rock band Garbage embarked on a North American tour June 2. Making a stop in Austin next weekend, the co-headliners guarantee to bring a high-octane show packed with ‘90s nostalgia.

June 15-18: Oblivion Access Festival 

Tickets start at $49.52

The self-proclaimed “celebration of underground music and culture” begins Thursday with a four-day lineup of artists performing at various venues around Austin. Attending acts this year include Duster, Spirit of the Beehive, Faust and more.