Horns to test streak against ISU, A&M

Texas heads into the final week of the regular season riding a season-high 13-match winning streak after defeating the Kansas Jayhawks 3-1 Friday night at Gregory Gymnasium.

Senior outside hitter Juliann Faucette continued her latest string of impressive play, pacing the Longhorns with 26 kills — the fourth time in the last five games she’s eclipsed 24 kills — and added 15 digs for her second-consecutive double-double.

Texas head coach Jerritt Elliott recognizes that it’s the perfect time of the season for his best player to find her rhythm.

“With the way she’s been playing lately, she would be a Player of the Year candidate,” Elliott said. “Her early numbers probably won’t be good enough, but that is world class swinging, averaging over six kills a game, hitting over .400.“

“That is big time production,” Elliott said. “She is scoring more than 25 percent of our points, so that is amazing production.”

The No. 8 Longhorns (21-5; 16-2) needed a spark from junior outside hitter Amber Roberson in the decisive fourth set to propel them to yet another victory.

Roberson came off the bench and made an immediate impact for Texas, racking up five kills on just nine swings to lead UT to the win.

Texas returns to action Wednesday against rival Texas A&M before heading to Ames, Iowa to try to avenge its only regular season loss from a year ago.