Another top 5 finish for Texas at Texas A&M

The Longhorns placed fifth in the last regular season tournament, earning their fifth top-five finish. Texas shot 42-over in the Aggie Invitational and finished only one stroke behind the fourth-place Baylor Bears. Host Texas A&M proved why it has been a top-10 team over the past few weeks, claiming the team title at five-over. The Aggies shot four-under in the final round to win their second tournament of the year. Oklahoma State came in second, shooting a 24-over.

Texas sophomores Julio Vegas and Johnathan Schnitzer both carded strong second and third rounds. Schnitzer finished at 6-over and tied for 14th on the individual leaderboard. Vegas recorded six birdies in his 4-under final round. This was the only round under-par for the Longhorns during the event.

Junior Dylan Frittelli flirted with under-par scores every round but was not able to break through into negative scores. Frittelli finished at 9-over and tied for 24th.

Oklahoma State junior Peter Uihlein shot 5-under for the tournament to take the individual title, his second of the year. Uihlein has been the consensus No. 1 college player the entire season and recently competed in the Masters tournament in Augusta, Ga.
Postseason play commences with the Big 12 Championships in Hutchinson, Kan., on April 25.