Round Rock Express drop another game late

The Round Rock Express dropped their second straight game in the midst of their season-opening eight game road trip.

Omaha’s Max Ramirez broke a 3-3 tie with a solo shot in the home half of the eighth inning. Antony Seratelli bombed a two-run homer later in the inning to cap the Star Chasers 6-3 comeback victory over the Express.

Coming off of a walk-off loss to the Iowa Cubs on Sunday, the Express fell to the Omaha Storm Chasers in similar fashion.

The Express had a promising start manufacturing a first inning run, scoring Major League-caliber player Julio Borbon after his lead-off single.

Leonys Martin doubled Round Rock’s lead in the top of the third inning, scoring Luis Hernandez on a deep double to center field.

After having faced the minimum batters and nursing a 2-0 lead, starting pitcher Zachary Johnson couldn’t hold off the Storm Chasers in the 5th inning. A Clint Robinson double and a David Lough triple sparked a 3-run rally to give Omaha a 3-2 lead after 5 innings.

Leonys Martin continued his hot-hitting in the 7th-inning, tying up the ballgame at 3-3 on a solo homerun to right field. Martin was 3-for-5 with two RBIs and he is 9 for 18 at the plate over the last four games.

Max Ramirez stroked his second homer of the season to break the tie soon after that. Making his second appearance of this early season, right handed reliever Aaron Michael Heilman failed to keep the game close giving up a walk and Seratelli’s two-run shot.

The Express went out quietly and in order in the ninth, giving Francisley Bueno his first save of the season. Omaha relievers retired nine of the last 10 Express batters after Martins homerun.

Ethan Hollingsworth (1-0) picked up the win in relief for Omaha, allowing one run on three hits over three innings.

Dropping the series opener, the Express look to bounce back and even the 4-game series against the Storm Chasers tomorrow at 11 am.

Round Rock will send their opening day starter and last year’s Ace Mark Hamburger to the mound in hopes of getting back to a .500 record.