No. 1 Texas looks to extend win streak at Aggie Invitational

Coming off its third consecutive event victory, the Texas Longhorns men’s golf team will look to extend its win streak to four this weekend at the Aggie Invitational in Bryan.

No. 1 Texas will head a field of 10 teams at the two-day event, which begins on Saturday and finishes on Sunday. Also in attendance will be a number of other Big 12 schools, including Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas Tech and host Texas A&M.

The Longhorns wrapped up a four-shot victory last weekend in Santa Cruz, Calif. at the Western Intercollegiate, an event in which each of their six participants placed within the Top 25 of individual golfers. Texas will look to get the same consistency this weekend as they go for their eighth overall victory of the 2011-12 season.

The Aggie Invitational will mark the fourth consecutive two-day event for the Longhorns. Texas has came out victorious in each of the previous three such events, and the clear goal this weekend will be to repeat this success.

The event also marks the final tournament for the Longhorns before the Big 12 Conference Championship, which will take place next weekend from April 27-29. This weekend in Bryan, the Longhorns will look to extend their event win streak to four and enter the conference championship in the best form possible.