Head to head matchups to watch this weekend

No. 14 Ohio State vs. No. 20 Michigan State

This matchup features a pair of strong teams in what is a possible conference championship game preview. Ohio State has looked strong on both sides of the ball this year in winning each of its first four games. Braxton Miller has been a star for the Buckeyes thus far, leading the team in both passing and rushing yards while being involved in 14 touchdowns in three games. He will face his toughest test yet, as Michigan State has held opponents to just 11.8 points per game in 2012. The Spartans have struggled on offense at times, however, averaging just 21 points per game through four weeks. This could very well come down to who performs better between the Buckeyes’ offense and the Spartans’ defense.

Game at 2:30 CT on ABC

_______________________________________________________________________________

No. 25 Baylor vs. No. 9 West Virginia

An aerial display between two top quarterbacks will be on display in this one. Nick Florence has transitioned into the starting role seamlessly thus far, throwing for 1,004 yards and 11 touchdowns in leading Baylor to a 3-0 record. Geno Smith has been even better for the Mountaineers, passing for 1,072 yards and 12 touchdowns without an interception in his first three games. It will be interesting to see how well West Virginia performs in its first Big 12 game since joining the conference and the Bears will be their toughest test so far in the season.

Game at 11:00 CT on FX

Wisconsin at No. 22 Nebraska

Another enticing Big Ten contest, this one features a pair of 3-1 teams that love to run the football. Nebraska’s Ameer Abdullah has made strides this season, recording 416 yards on 69 carries this season and leading the team with six overall touchdowns. Montee Ball has not gotten off to quite the start that many expected him to after rushing for nearly 2,000 yards last season, but he has still earned 360 yards on the ground and has scored three touchdowns in four games. The Cornhuskers have outperformed the Badgers to this point, but this could be a game where Wisconsin looks to make a statement to the rest of the conference with a big win.

Game at 7:00 CT on ABC

Tennessee at No. 5 Georgia

In the SEC’s biggest matchup of the week, the Bulldogs should be at full strength for the first time this season with the return of a few suspended players. Led by Tyler Bray’s 1,301 passing yards, the Volunteers are ranked 17th in the nation in total offense, just four spots behind the Bulldogs. Quarterback Aaron Murray and a duo of freshman running backs have paced a strong Georgia offense this year, but it is the Bulldogs’ defense that has been most impressive. Bray and the Volunteers will have to be able to complete drives with touchdowns if they are to have a chance at an upset, but that is easier said than done against one of the country’s best defenses.

Game at 2:30 CT on CBS