DHFS closes J2 dining hall for “adjustments”

Jester Second Floor dining hall will close starting Monday while the Division of Housing and Food Services makes changes.

According to a news release by the division, J2 will close for “adjustments” to the dining hall intended to improve the dining atmosphere. No expected completion date is listed. While J2 is closed, students will have access to “Grab n’ Go” meals, including lunch and dinner options such as deli-sliced ham sandwiches and spicy breaded chicken sandwiches. Changes to the pizza and burger lines began Nov. 5, according to the release. Items from those lines were moved to the VIP line in the interim.

J2, located above Jester City Limits in Jester Residence Hall, serves meals buffet style and accepts Dine In Dollars. Students living in campus residence halls get $1,400 in Dine In Dollars for the school year to spend at dining halls. The Kinsolving Dining Center, which also accepts Dine In Dollars, will remain open.  

J2 also underwent renovations two years ago between Nov. 8 2010 and January 2011. Renovations included adding a private dining room, an open entry and changes to serving lines.

According to the release, while the division realizes “this is a teeny weeny bit inconvenient,” it will enhance dining experiences for students who frequent J2 while on campus.

To learn more, go to http://www.utexas.edu/student/housing/pdfs/j2_closing_final.pdf.

Printed on Monday, Nov. 26, 2012 as: J2 closes Monday for DHFS changes