Longhorns defeat Oregon State in Alamo Bowl

Though the Longhorns were down by ten points in the fourth quarter, the offense came together just in time and defeated Oregon State 31-27 in the Alamo Bowl.

Thanks to a key stop by the defense, Texas got the ball back with less than five minutes left down 27-24.  On fourth and one, Johnathan Gray had a three-yard rush to keep the drive alive.

Ash found senior Marquise Goodwin in the end zone on the next play for a 36-yard touchdown to seal the win for the Longhorns.

In the third quarter, with the help of two consecutive passes to Shipley that totaled 27 yards, the Longhorns took advantage of their field position.  David Ash ran the ball for an 11-yard touchdown on a draw play.

After Ash’s touchdown and the defense’s best series of the game, Ash’s arm was hit as he was throwing and he was picked off by Feti Taumopeau at the Texas 44.  The Beavers responded with a 3-yard touchdown run by Storm Woods, making the score 27-17.

Two drives later, Ash finally found his rhythm.  Ash had consecutive completions of 19, 15, 8, 7, and 14 yards.  He finished the drive by escaping a sack and throwing a touchdown pass to Johnathan Gray to make the score 27-24 Beavers.

But the last minute magic that Ash showed against Oklahoma State appeared once again and the Longhorns finished their season with a win.