No. 11 men’s track and field to compete in two top-level tournaments

The No. 11 men’s track and field team will send athletes to two competitions this weekend. A selection of middle and long distance runners will head to Seattle to compete in the Husky Classic, and the rest of the team will head to the Tyson Invitational in Fayetteville, Ark.

A week after a season-best 7.73 mark and a second-place finish at the Armory Collegiate Invitational in New York, senior Keiron Stewart will look to earn another spot on the podium in the 60-meter hurdles at the Tyson Invitational. Stewart will compete in both the 60-meter dash and 60-meter hurdles Friday.

Also heading to Arkansas is senior Hayden Baillio, who hopes to continue his hot streak in the shot put. In the meets he has competed in, he’s been a perfect three-for-three with first-place finishes. Baillio, Clint Harris, Blake Jakobsson and Will Spence will compete in the weight throw Friday and the shot put Saturday. 

Junior Ryan Dohner and Princeton transfer Joe Stilin headline the contingent of middle and long distance runners headed to Seattle. Both will compete in the 3,000-meter run Saturday.

The meets will both begin Friday and run through Saturday. Texas will send a total of 21 athletes to Arkansas and another 11 to Seattle.