Longhorn Network-friendly restaurants invite students to catch Texas road games

The Longhorn Network is still only carried by a few carriers and it may be difficult to catch the Longhorns when they are on the road. If you find yourself looking for a place to catch your favorite team when they are away, try a few of these places within easy walking distance of campus: 

Pluckers             
2222 Rio Grande St.

Pluckers is the obvious choice. They carry most, if not all, local sports channels and will have the Longhorn away games on almost all of their many televisions. However, their wings are popular and you will have to get there early to get a seat for the game. 

Posse East 
2900 Duval St.

Posse is a small “hole-in-the wall” place to watch the game. The bar has been active since 1971 and is dedicated to supporting Longhorn sports. They roll out extra tables for Longhorn games, but most of their seating is outside. 

Crown & Anchor 
2911 San Jacinto Blvd.

Crown & Anchor is a hidden pub located behind the engineering complex and down the street from Posse East. They have a large seating area, both inside and out, and will be showing the Longhorn Network in the fall. There is other stuff to do while the game is at commercial, including a pool table and classic video games, but they only have five televisions. 

Austin Players
300 W MLK Jr. St.

Players has been right on the edge of campus since 1981 and has a large big screen television in the inside dining area that is perfect for watching games. However, they have limited seating and rumors circulate every year about Texas closing Players to make way for a
parking garage. 

Double Daves
3000 Duval St.

Double Daves has cheap pizza rolls and free TV. They also have both indoor and outdoor seating, each with several televisions. Unfortunately, their website boasts an Aggie Bloodline within their franchise owners; however, their pizza is still good and the campus location is entirely supportive of the Longhorns. 

Cain & Abels
2313 Rio Grande St.

Lots of televisions and beer in the heart of West Campus. The fan-friendly atmosphere is very popular with fraternities and is good if you are a die-hard sports fan, but it is usually standing room only. 

Cuatros 
1004 24th St. 

Cuatros probably has one of the biggest screens on which to catch the game, but there aren’t very many televisions in total. Plus it is a bit pricey, but has good food. 

Dirty Martins 
2808 Guadelupe St.

Dirty Martins is home to one of the best burgers in Austin and true Longhorn sports culture. The place has been serving the 40 Acres since 1926 and is a good, low-key place to watch the game with life-time fans. Unfortunately it is a small establishment with limited parking.