Fall event preview: albums

Arcade Fire, Untitled, Oct. 29 

The Canadian collective revealed to an adoring fan via Twitter that its follow up to The Suburbs would be released Oct. 29. Now, an Instagram account documenting a series of street art depicting the word “Reflektor” have fans thinking this could be the title of the album. If this is a campaign to up the hype before October, it is working. We can’t wait for Arcade Fire’s return. 

Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2, Sept. 30

Justin Timberlake took a seven-year hiatus from pop music, which was almost a crime. He’s making up for lost time, though, releasing The 20/20 Experience earlier this year and releasing a full-length part two in only a month. Fans can look forward to more eight-minute pop songs with Timberlake’s smooth falsetto in the background. 

HAIM, Days Are Gone, Sept. 30

All of a sudden, we are all dying to hear an entire HAIM album. The trio of sisters from Los Angeles have garnered comparisons to Wilson Phillips and Fleetwood Mac, with songs like “Don’t Save Me” and “The Wire” getting endless radio play. Fans are eager, but the ladies are taking their time to put together their first full-length album. Luckily it debuts just in time for their Austin City Limits Music Festival spot. 

Elvis Costello and The Roots, Wise Up Ghost, Sept. 17

It’s likely you and your dad are both excited for this album. Costello’s telltale croon backed by funky hip-hop band The Roots should make for a flawless album. The single, “Walk Us Uptown,” is a good omen for what’s to come, with drummer Questlove’s groovy beats backing Costello’s genius melody and lyrics. Brag about knowing this album to the cute guy or girl in film history class who you want to ask out. 

Beyonce, Untitled, No release date

There is no real promise that a new Beyonce album is coming this fall, but we are hoping, wishing and dreaming about its potential release. Make no mistake, we could listen to 4 on repeat for the rest of our lives, but when Beyonce told fans in Norway the album would be out in November, our hearts stopped briefly in excitement. With the number of songs leaked and her current worldwide Mrs. Carter tour, it seems certain a full-length masterpiece is on its way, right?