Longhorns will have no problem against TCU if they play as well as they did against OU

Texas wins if…

it does exactly what it did to Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl two weeks ago. In fact, if the Longhorns do that every week, they’ll have a serious chance at running the table. TCU will probably present the most formidable defense the Longhorns will face this season, but the loss of stud defensive end Devonte Fields to a season-ending foot surgery will make it a little easier. The offensive game plan thrown at the Sooners in Dallas would certainly do the trick, but running the football down the Horned Frogs’ throats will be more difficult than it was against a beleaguered Oklahoma defensive line. Short passes to get Mike Davis, Kendall Sanders and Daje Johnson involved, along with a few well-timed deep shots should keep the TCU defense on its heels enough for the Longhorns to establish a running game. If the Longhorns can get that rolling, they’ll be in good shape Saturday. Greg Robinson’s defense is facing TCU’s 109th-ranked offense, which has sputtered ever since starting quarterback Casey Pachall broke his arm the second week of the season. Trevone Boykin, who took over for Pachall when he de-enrolled midseason last year, and running
 backs B.J. Catalon and Waymon James will lead the charge offensive charge on the ground for the Frogs. Keep Boykin in the pocket, stack the box, tackle well and shut down the one-dimensional TCU offense and the Longhorns should head back to Austin with a four-game win streak.

Texas loses if…

it reverts to pre-Oklahoma form. The Longhorns played a physical brand of football in Dallas for the first time in 2013, and the Longhorns will have to take that same game back to the Metroplex this week if they want to continue this little win streak they have suddenly found themselves on. On Thanksgiving night a year ago, TCU came to Austin and punched the Longhorns in the mouth for four quarters, eventually pulling out a sloppy 20-13 victory. If the Longhorns get out-muscled again and allow TCU to ground and pound them to death, they’ll find themselves on the short side of the scoreboard yet again. Boykin is completing 58 percent of his passes while throwing seven interceptions and five touchdown passes. The Horned Frogs are going to try to bully the Longhorns on the ground again. They have their own quarterback issues, but the Longhorns will lose if they don’t match the physicality in the trenches.