By The Numbers: Oklahoma

73-39-8: Texas’ all-time record in the sixth game of the season, as it wins only 61 percent of its contests. The Longhorns are 5-1 all time when starting the season 2-3.

60-43-5: The series record, in Texas’ favor, between the Longhorns and Sooners. 

4-4: The series record when both teams enter the game immediately following a loss. The last time it happened, Oklahoma defeated Texas 28-21 in 2007. 

1: The number of times the Sooners have lost consecutive regular season games in the same season under head coach Bob Stoops, who took over at the program in 1999. Texas head coach Charlie Strong has already lost two games in a row, five games into his tenure. Both teams enter this one coming off of a loss.

17-17: The average score of Texas and Oklahoma’s first 108 contests, although individual games haven’t necessarily been that close. The Longhorns have lost by 38 or more points four times since 2000.

190: Texas’ rushing yards in its 28-7 loss to Baylor last weekend, its highest total on the year, an encouraging sign for a team that was averaging only 120.5 rush yards per game entering the weekend. Texas also averaged 4.8 yards per carry after only gaining 3.4 yards per rush attempt in its first four games. 

208.6: Oklahoma’s average rushing production through its first five games of the season. The Sooners average 5.4 yards per carry while Texas’ rush defense surrenders 199 yards per game, which is eighth in the conference.

32: The number of Sooners freshman running back Samaje Perine. Perine has run for seven touchdowns in Oklahoma’s first two conference games, while pounding out over 160 yards per contest in that span. He failed to break 80 yards in non-conference play but looks poised to be a nightmare for the Texas defense. 

3: The number of losses Texas has entering Saturday’s game against Oklahoma. It’s the first time the Longhorns have ever had three losses prior to the Red River Rivalry.

19.2: The amount of points the Longhorns have surrendered per game, third best in the Big 12. The Sooners have only allowed 20.6 points per game, fourth best in the conference. On the other hand the Longhorns are only scoring 18.4 points per game while Oklahoma is scoring over 42 points per contest.

69.2%: The scoring rate of opponents in the red zone against the Texas defense, topping the Sooner defense by about 2 percentage points. Oklahoma has scored in 22 of its 23 red zone trips, seventh best in the nation. The Longhorns have only scored on 13 of 17 trips.