Election Night Live Blog

Welcome to The Daily Texan's Election Night Live Blog. Throughout the night, we will provide updates on the biggest statewide and Austin elections.

8:13 p.m. — The Associated Press has called all statewide races for the Republicans, including Patrick in the leiutenant governor's race, State Sen. Ken Paxton, R-McKinney, for attorney general, State Sen. Glenn Hegar, R-Katy, for comptroller, George P. Bush for land commissioner, Sid Miller for agriculture comissioner and Ryan Sitton for railroad commissioner.

8:05 p.m. — The Associated Press has called the senate race for U.S. Sen. John Cornyn and the governor election for Abbott. Cornyn leads the senate race with 60 percent of the vote. His opponent, Democrat David Alameel holds 37 percent. For Govenor, Abbott lead Davis 57 to 41 percent.

7:56 p.m. — In other city early voting totals, City Council member Kathie Tovo leads the District 9 race with 50 percent. Fellow City Council member Chris Riley holds 40 percent. The majority early voters in Austin were not in favor of Austin's Proposition 1, which would allocate bond money toward an urban rail line in the city, with 58 percent voting against the proposal.

7:46 p.m. — According to Travis County early voting totals, attorney Steve Adler leads the Austin mayor's race with 39 percent of the vote. City Council member Mike Martinez hold 30 percent of the vote and Mayor Pro Tem Sheryl Cole has 15 percent.

"It's a start," Adler said. "We still have a runoff, so we still have a long way go."

7:32 p.m. — With more than 8 percent of precints reported, Republicans have started the night with a strong leads in the major statewide elections. For governor, Attorney General Greg Abbott leads State Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Forth Worth with 58 percent of the vote. In the leiutenant governor's race, State Sen. Dan Patrick, R-Houston, holds 57 percent and State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte, D-San Antonio, has 40 percent.

6:15 p.m.  With 45 minutes left before the polls close, the line at the on-campus polling location in the Flawn Academic Center is wrapped around the building and more than an hour long in wait time. If you are in the line at 7 p.m., you will be permitted to vote.