Women’s golf finishes ninth at the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate

Playing through wet and chilly conditions, the Texas women’s golf team finished the Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Tuesday ninth out of the 15 teams. The team earned a final round team score of 313 (+25).

Of the five Longhorns who competed in the event, senior Bertine Strauss finished with the best overall score, tying for 12th place. She shot a 74 (+2) in the final round, when the weather was worst, and a 223 (+7) overall. 

On another positive note, junior Natalie Karcher continued her strong season, shooting a 77 (+5) in the final round. Her three-day total of 228 was good for 12 over par and a tie for 27th place overall. Not far behind Karcher was sophomore Julia Beck, who shot a 229 (+13) for the event and finished 3rd.

Junior Tezira Abe shot a 237 (+21) tied for 51st place, and sophomore Anne Hakula tied for 59th place with a 238 (+22).

The event was the sixth of the season for the Longhorns, who scored a 915 (+51), at the three-day event. At the tournament’s end, Texas finished 41 strokes behind LSU, who posted a 874 (+10).

The Longhorns’ next event is the UNF Collegiate March 9–10 at the Jacksonville Golf & Country Club in Jacksonville, Florida.