By the Numbers: Notre Dame

6–7: The Longhorn’s overall record last season. Falling just below .500, Texas snagged a spot in the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl where it fell 31-7 to Arkansas.

47: The number of total freshmen on the Longhorn roster.

220: The number of pounds Texas will need to look out for when containing Notre Dame scrambling quarterback Malik Zaire.

11: The preseason ranking of Notre Dame entering Saturday’s game. Texas enters unranked.

884: The number of football wins in Texas history. Texas has the second-most wins of any university, and Notre Dame trails by just two wins.

2: The minimum number of quarterbacks Texas will play this weekend. While Coach Strong named junior Tyrone Swoopes the starting quarterback, he will also give redshirt freshman Jerrod Heard a chance to compete.

6: The number of freshmen starting on the Longhorn roster in Saturday’s opener.

5: The number of stars tagged onto freshman Malik Jefferson when recruited and signed by the Longhorns. A linebacker out of Mesquite, Jefferson’s 2014 All-American recognition brings positive predictions for the newcomer.

11: The number of interceptions thrown by Swoopes last season.

39: The number of Longhorns remaining on NFL roster after the third week of preseason.

32: The amount of points the Longhorns were outscored by in playing their opponents last season. Texas put up just 278 to its opponents’ 310.

7: The number of Heisman winners coming out of Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish have collected the most of any team beginning with Angelo Bertelli in 1943—but none since Tim Brown in 1987.

2–8: Texas’ career record against Notre Dame reflects just 20% victory in the Longhorns’ favor.

5784: The total yardage of the Fighting Irish last season. They averaged 4.3 yards per carry and 13.4 yards per catch.

50: The fourth down conversion percentage for both teams in 2014.

80:  The distance, in yards, of Texas junior kicker Nick Rose longest field goal this summer. Rose made two-third of his kicks last season, including a career-long 51-yard field goal against Oklahoma State.

2409: The amount of yards Swoopes threw for last season. Notching 13 touchdowns and a 58.3 passing percentage, Swoopes averaged just 185.3 yards per game.

98: The amount of interception yards Texas junior cornerback Dylan Haines recorded, third in the Big 12. Also, Haines has grabbed four interceptions.

0: The amount of teams in Notre Dame’s conference. Notre Dame remains independent—without a conference.