Texas to compete in College Station for A&M Invitational

This Saturday, Texas will travel to College Station to compete against 12 other schools in the Texas A&M Invitational.

The women’s Texas cross country team ranks No. 27 in the USTFCCCA Coaches’ Poll, and the men’s team is just five spots away from cracking the top 30.

Assistant coach Brad Herbster will be looking for outstanding performances on the women’s team from freshmen Alexandria Cruz and Jordan Welborn, who finished first and second in the 3K in the Texas Invitational with times of 10:37.19 and 10:51.96 respectively. He also said he expects impressive times from junior Sandie Raines.

On the men’s team, sophomore Connor Hendrickson and Jacob Pickle are the headliners. They placed first and second in the 5K in the Texas Invitational with times of 15:45.69 and 15:45.91. Herbster also looks for senior Brady Turnbull and freshman Alex Rogers to step up this weekend.

Texas A&M and Missouri are the toughest competition for both the men’s and women’s teams. In addition, the North Texas men’s team returns four seniors who will pose threats to the Longhorns.

“We expect to win both the men’s and women’s and hope to run in a way that allows us to do that,” Herbster said. “We fully expect to have our best performance of the year at this meet and race like we are the best.”