Longhorns head to Sun Bowl Western Refining College All-America Golf Classic

Three players on the Texas men’s golf team will head to El Paso for the 41st annual Sun Bowl Western Refining College All-America Golf Classic. The tournament will showcase the best college golfers in the country at the El Paso Country Club (Par 71, 6,781 yards).

The long drive contest and putting contest will be held Friday, the first and second rounds will be Saturday and the final round will be Sunday. Juniors Beau Hossler and Gavin Hall and sophomore Doug Ghim will represent the Longhorns at the prestigious tournament. Hossler is the No. 1 player in the country according to Golfweek.com and was the Big 12 Golfer of the Month for October.

In two starts this season, Hossler has won and tied for No. 8. In three starts, Hall has tied for No. 50 twice and tied for No. 19. In three starts, Ghim has tied for No. 6, tied for No. 31 and tied for No. 22.

Randy Simmons was the last person to win the All-America Golf Classic in 1975. Past participants of the tournament include major champions Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Davis Love III, Jerry Pate, Webb Simpson and former Longhorn Jordan Spieth. This is Texas’ last fall competition. The team will begin their spring season Jan. 29-30 at the Arizona Intercollegiate in Tucson.