Big 12 Power Rankings: Week 14

1. Oklahoma 

What a weird year for the Sooners. They started 2015 as darkhorse Big 12 contenders, lost to Texas and end 2015 as the Big 12 champs and national title contenders.

2. TCU

The Horned Frogs’ Big 12 and national title hopes were destroyed by injuries. A gritty win against rival Baylor helped end 2015 on a high note.  

3. Baylor

Baylor’s title hopes took a hit when junior starting quarterback Seth Russell went down with a neck injury. It really ended for the Bears when they ran into a peaking Oklahoma team and then lost freshman second-string quarterback Jarrett Stidham. 

4. Oklahoma State

The Pokes ran the table in the Big 12 until sputtering at the end, losing their final two games to Baylor and Oklahoma. They should be in the mix again next year.

5. West Virginia 

The Mountaineers play Kansas State for their last game of the season. A win would mark West Virginia’s eighth victory of the season.

6. Texas Tech 

Tech clinched a winning season by downing Texas 48-45 on Thanksgiving. It’s a step in the right direction for the Red Raiders after finishing 4-8 last season.  

7. Kansas State

The Wildcats are sitting at 5-6 and have to win their final game against West Virginia at home for bowl eligibility.

8. Texas

The Longhorns’ bowl hopes disappeared with a loss to Texas Tech on Thanksgiving. They will be playing for pride against Baylor at this point.  

9. Iowa State

Iowa State lost its final game of the season to West Virginia for a 3-9 finish. Cyclone fans do have something to look forward to with the announcement of Mark Campbell as their new head coach. 

10. Kansas

The Jayhawks clinched their first winless season since 1954 under new head coach David Beaty. It’s clearly going to be a long, painful rebuild for Beatty in Lawrence. At least Jayhawk fans have Bill Self and the basketball team to ease their pain.