Texas brings home four singles and doubles win at Miami Spring Invite

The Longhorn women’s tennis team’s time in Coral Gables was marked by struggles both with their opponents and the weather.

All of Friday’s matches of the Miami Spring Invite were canceled because of rain, while most of the women’s tennis tournament’s matches were delayed on Saturday.

Texas took on Ole Miss once tournament play finally started. Senior Breaunna Addison defeated Ole Miss sophomore Natalie Suk 6-1, 6-1. Sophomore Dani Wagland also brought home a win, edging Ole Miss freshman Tea Jandric by a 6-1, 6-1 count. Senior Lana Groenvynck, junior Neda Koprcina and freshman Chelsea Crovetti Crovetti all lost their matches.

The Longhorns then faced Vanderbilt in singles play. Addison was the only one to bring home a win, beating junior Sydney Campbell 6-3, 5-7, 1-0.

In doubles competition, Addison and Wagland teamed up against Ole Miss senior Mai El Kamash and sophomore Arianne Hartono and lost 6-3. Groenvynck and Koprcina also paired up and were defeated 6-1 against Ole Miss’ Suk and freshman Allie Sanford.

Addison and Wagland snagged a 7-5 win against Miami senior Stephanie Wagner and sophomore Wendy Zhang as the Longhorns wrapped up competition on Sunday.

The Longhorns will return to action next Saturday in Alabama against Purdue at the ITA Kick-Off Weekend.