4 Songs to get ready for the X Games’ musical performances

X+Games_web
Lillian Michel

The X Games bring with them fans from around the world and just about every extreme sport in existence, but it also happens to draw some big-name musical acts each year. This year’s stellar lineup includes rappers Logic and G-Eazy, as well as alt-rockers Blink-182 and All Time Low. To help you prepare for all the musical action, check out The Daily Texan’s picks for the artists’ best songs.

G-Eazy — “Let’s Get Lost”

It’s hard to escape the smash hit “Me, Myself & I” on the radio these days, but it’s been a steady climb to fame for the Oakland rapper, who started releasing albums in 2012. Born Gerald Gillum, G-Eazy now has enough star power to merit a guest spot on an upcoming Britney Spears song. “Let’s Get Lost,” off the 2014 album These Things Happen, features a simmering hook from Devon Baldwin and a you-only-live-once attitude perfect for a summer night.

Logic — “All I Do”

“All I Do,” the song that introduced Logic to a wide audience, is an ode to work ethic and enjoying your successes. While Logic typically prides himself on making his own beats, this tune gets a boost with production from Black Diamond. The Maryland rapper has certainly grown since his early days, but this song paved the way for his more recent success.

Blink-182 — “What’s My Age Again?”

When Blink-182 announced their hiatus in 2005, it seemed that the band behind songs such as “All the Small Things” and “I Miss You” was gone for good. Band members devoted time to multiple side projects, but in 2009, the trio was back together. In 2011, their album Neighborhoods debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard charts, and its follow-up is due next month. Expect to hear mix of new songs and classics, like the cheeky “What’s My Age Again?,” at their show Saturday.

All Time Low — “Missing You”

Remembered for their hits such as 2007’s “Dear Maria, Count Me In,” pop-punk band All Time Low just released their sixth studio album, Future Hearts, last year. With so much music to choose from, their X Games show is likely to be more than just a blast from the past. “Missing You” is one of their latest songs, an acoustic ballad that shows the group’s evolution over the past decade.