Texas finds new assistant men’s swimming and diving coach

Texas promoted former Longhorn and volunteer coach Wyatt Collins to a full-time position as an assistant men’s swimming and diving coach Tuesday. Collins replaces associate head coach Kris Kubik, who retired in July after 34 seasons with the program.

“It truly is an honor and a dream come true to continue working with this great university and amazing program,” Collins said. “There is, without question, no combination of people who could replace [Kris Kubik]. I genuinely cherish the time he gave to me and this program, and I look forward to his continued support.”

Collins swam one season for Texas after transferring from Boston University, where he competed for two years. He graduated from Texas in 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in history and was a two-time member of the Athletics Director’s Honor Roll. For the past three years, he assisted the Longhorns with workouts and video analysis to correct stroke mechanics. He also helped head coach Eddie Reese with on-campus recruiting and took care of meet entries and team travel. 

“Wyatt did outstanding work as our volunteer coach the last three years,” Reese said. “He has an excellent mind as a swimming technician, has built an excellent rapport with our team and has been an important part of our recent success. Wyatt deserves this opportunity and I’m happy to have [him] on my staff.”