By the numbers: Week 5

2015-10-10_Texas_vs_OU_Rachel
Rachel Zein
  • 61-44-5 – Texas’ record against Oklahoma.
  •  
  • 55 – The number of passing yards put up by Texas against Oklahoma last year. The Longhorns only passed 12 times, with nine being completions and two of those being touchdowns.
  •  
  • 523 – The total rushing yards allowed by Oklahoma this season. They rank 23rd in rushing defense.
  •  
  • 959 – The passing yards by freshman quarterback Shane Buechele on the season. He’s averaging 239.75 yards a game.
  •  
  • 67 – The Longhorns held the Sooners to just 67 rushing yards in last year’s Red River Showdown.
  •  
  • 0 – The number of interceptions by Texas this season. They are just one of four schools who have not made an interception this season.
  •  
  • 12 – The number of passing touchdowns allowed by Texas this season. They rank 117th in passing touchdowns allowed, while Oklahoma ranks 122nd with 13 passing touchdowns allowed.
  •  
  • 35.25 – The average number of points the Sooners have allowed in a game.
  •  
  • 47 – The Longhorns have allowed at least 47 points in three of their games this season.
  •  
  • 0-13 – Texas’ record under head coach Charlie Strong when trailing at halftime.
  •  
  • 1900 – The first time Texas and Oklahoma played. They have played each other every year since 1929.
  •  
  • 1941 – The first year that the Golden Hat (known then as the Bronze Hat) was awarded as a trophy, making this the 75th anniversary of the award.
  •  
  • 313 – The rushing yards Texas had against Oklahoma last year. Running back D’Onta Foreman led with 117 yards with then-quarterback Jerrod Heard closely following with 115 yards.
  •  
  • 329 – The rushing yardage put up by Texas against Oklahoma State. D’Onta Foreman ran for 150 yards and Chris Warren III put up 105 yards.
  •  
  • 568 – The total offensive yards by Texas against Oklahoma State. The Longhorns put up the exact same number of offensive yards against California.
  •  
  • 20 – Oklahoma’s rank in the AP Poll. Oklahoma was ranked No. 10 when they last played Texas.  
  •  
  • 65 – The number of rushing yards allowed by Oklahoma against TCU, who ran it 29 times.
  •  
  • 5 – The number of rushing touchdowns by Oklahoma against TCU, including two from quarterback Baker Mayfield.
  •  
  • 312 – The receiving yards by the Sooners’ leading receiver Dede Westbrook this season. He has caught 24 passes, including two touchdowns.  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •