Opponents to Watch: vs. Oklahoma State

DeQuinton Osborne

Defensive tackle, #91

Oklahoma State lost its star defensive tackle Vincent Taylor, who blocked several kicks against Texas last year, to the NFL, but the Cowboys have found the perfect replacement to anchor the line. Osborne, a former community college transfer, has already contributed three sacks this season for head coach Mike Gundy’s team.

The senior is first on the team with six tackles for loss and has recovered one fumble this season. Osborne consistently plays with high energy and makes a major impact for an Oklahoma State defense that is often outshadowed by its high-octane offense.

Mason Rudolph

Quarterback, #2

When it comes to throwing the deep ball, few passers across the nation are on Rudolph’s level. The senior quarterback has surpassed the 300-yard passing mark in all six games this year, maxing out with 497 yards and five touchdowns in a 59-21 win at Pittsburgh.

Rudolph ranks second in the nation and first in the Big 12 with 2,368 passing yards. He has tossed 19 touchdowns this year — good for third in the FBS. Rudolph has a talented array of targets and is not afraid to test the long ball early and often. He has displayed the ability to move around the pocket, shed off blockers, and pass down the field with incredible accuracy. Rudolph threw for 392 yards and three touchdowns during his last outing versus Texas in 2016.

James Washington

Wide receiver, #28

Washington is second across the country in receiving yards with 882 (147 yards per game). The senior receiver finished 2016 with plenty of honors, including First Team All-Big 12 and Alamo Bowl Offensive MVP. His 1,380 yards and 10 touchdowns a season ago were impressive, but Washington is actually on pace to shatter those season-highs in 2017.

Washington has tallied six touchdown receptions this year and only has been limited to under 120 receiving yards on one occasion. Last week against Baylor, Washington caught six passes for 235 yards. His ability to beat opposing cornerbacks down field for the deep ball is unmatched in college football and frequently catches lobs with his incredible vertical jump.

Tre Flowers

Free safety, #31

Flowers is another member of Oklahoma State’s star-studded senior class, a group that is currently responsible for pushing the Cowboys to their first Big 12 title since 2011 and second since 1977. Flowers leads the team with 31 tackles from the free safety position through six games.

He has also picked off two passes this season and especially excels in zone coverage as a member of the secondary. Flowers has been a major contributor all four years in Stillwater, Oklahoma and has now forced seven turnovers in his Cowboy career.