APD responds to multiple robberies in West Campus

cops
Anthony Mireles

The Austin Police Department is responding to a report of an off-campus robbery at the Subway located at 2323 San Antonio in West Campus.

At this time, it is unknown if the individuals are affiliated with the University.

The UT Police Department notified students and faculty of the incident at 4:05 p.m. in a text alert. UTPD is urging people to avoid the area.

APD and UTPD are searching for a black woman, in her 30s or 40s, wearing a black coat and a black ski mask.

APD said the incident was called in at 3:46 p.m. and the suspect left on foot in an unknown direction. No one was injured in this incident.  

UTPD sent out a notification to the UT community at 4:13 p.m. through a text message and email.

This story will be updated as we receive more information.

Update, 4:30 p.m.:

UTPD received another alert from APD that they are responding to reports of a second robbery at the Subway located at 2025 Guadalupe in the Dobie Mall.

UTPD sent the second notification to the UT community at 4:21 p.m. through an email.

According to an APD Public Information Officer, there are no injuries reported and no suspect is in custody. At this time, it is unknown if the suspects for each incident are the same.

Update, 5:42 p.m.:

APD notified UTPD that the area where the reported robberies took place in West Campus is all clear after APD and UTPD searched the surrounding areas.

APD will remain on the scene in West Campus to conduct a further investigation into the incident and UTPD will be assisting. 

According to an APD Public Information Officer, it is still unclear if the suspects are the same for the two incidents.