What your favorite Matthew McConaughey movie says about the kind of Longhorn you are

10-06-2017_Matthew_McConaughey_Juan
Juan Figueroa

The University of Texas has plenty of famous alumni. Nobel Prize winners, scientists, inventors – but did any of them star in “Failure to Launch?” No. So, who cares?

With a voice as smooth as jazz, the facial structure of a Greek God, and a Texas Forever attitude, UT is proud to have Matthew McConaughey represent our school.

As a student at UT, you’ve probably seen plenty of McConaughey’s work. So which one of these Matthew McConaughey movies is your favorite, and what does that say about you as a Longhorn?

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

You were between a lot of schools before you picked UT. You knew you loved it here, but you were curious about what other schools offered. You sat on your acceptance letters until the last possible minute, but ultimately knew your heart belongs to The University of Texas. The ghosts of acceptance past sometimes still haunt you, but when they do the spirit of Bevo reminds you where you belong.

Dazed and Confused

Your biggest goal was to find a school that knows how to party. While UT might not be labeled a “party school,” it is the only university that had to terminate a fraternity because Jon Hamm lit one of the members on fire.

Dallas Buyers Club

Ah, so you’ve heard of the McCombs School of Business.

Magic Mike

No one loves to brag about their school as much as you do. You know every interesting fact, every celebrity alumni, and every football game UT has ever won. Your entire closet is the exact shade of burnt orange your school proudly displays. You respond to people with “hook’em” instead of “cool” or “okay.” Your hands are permanently stuck in the shape of longhorns and despite it making every day tasks extremely difficult, you’re proud of it.

Interstellar

UT has been your dream school since you can remember. Your parents probably came here, along with your grandparents, great aunts and uncles, second through fourth cousins and your family dog. You worked all throughout your life to follow in your family’s footsteps and oftentimes still can’t believe you’re here. Hearing the sound of the bells every day is an out-of-this-world experience for you, and you wish there was some way you could tell your future children right now how incredible it is to attend UT.